The electronic Laos visa application takes only a few minutes to complete. It saves applicants the hassle of going to an embassy or consulate or queuing upon arrival for a Laos visa. The Laos eVisa application form is straightforward and simply requires travelers to provide a few essential personal details.
Laos Visa Application Form
The Laos visa online application form simplifies the process of obtaining a visa to visit the country. Applicants are able to complete their online Laos visa form from the comfort of their home or office. An applicant will need Internet connection and a computer, laptop, mobile or tablet to access the online visa application for Laos.
In order to successfully complete the online visa application for Laos the traveler needs to provide some personal information such as their full name, address, age, gender and nationality. Applicants will need to have a valid passport to apply for the Laos eVisa Approval Letter. The Laos eVisa form requires that the applicant completes their passport details.
How to Apply for a Laos Visa?
There are three ways in which travelers can obtain a Laos visa. Among the available options to apply for a Laos visa travelers can:
- Apply for a Laos visa at an embassy or consulate.
- Apply for a Laos visa on arrival (Or get your Laos eVisa online instead).
- Apply for a Laos visa through the online application form.
Laos Evisa Application Form
The online visa application for Laos has been designed to speed up the process of getting a visa. To apply for a Laos online visa the applicant must be a citizen of one of the eligible countries. Citizens of 150 eligible countries are able to apply for the Laos eVisa Approval Letter.
It is necessary to complete all mandatory fields on the Laos form. Applicants should be careful when providing their personal details on the eVisa application for Laos as the data given on the application must match the information on the passport.
The visa authorization will allow a single-entry stay of 30 days in Laos. Those wishing to visit Laos on a multiple-entry visa or to stay longer than 30 days are required to apply from a visa from their nearest Lao Embassy or Consulate.
When the Laos eVisa is approved, the traveler will be able to enter Laos through one of the following 2 entry ports:
- Wattay International Airport
- Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I
Travelers should bear in mind that Laos does not have an embassy or consulate in all countries. Obtaining a visa through a Laos embassy or consulate might consume a traveler’s time and money. For those not eligible for a visa on arrival or an online visa, Laos embassies and consulates abroad offer a 30-day tourist visa. The process generally takes three working days.
Laos Visa on Arrival Application
Applying for a Laos visa on arrival is simpler than going to the embassy. Tourism is the fastest growing industry in Laos and the number of tourists visiting the country is expected to increase. Travelers who apply for a Laos visa on arrival can expect long queues to get their Laos visa on arrival to enter the country. To get the visa on arrival travelers need two recent passport-type photographs and cash to pay for the visa fee.
Laos on arrival visa is available at 27 international border checkpoints but there are 5 entry ports that do not offer visa on arrival.
Travelers can expect long queues at the airport to get their visa on arrival. But, currently, some countries including Australia, Canada, the United States and European Union member countries can obtain an eVisa to Laos online before arriving at the airport.
With a valid Laos online visa, the traveler will not need to queue or pay for the Laos visa in cash. It is also possible that travelers might get charged additional fees for their visa if they do not have two passport-type photos, if they arrive between 6:00 and 8:00 in the morning, and if they arrive on the weekend or a national holiday.
Laos Visa Application at an Embassy or Consulate
At the moment, individuals who wish to travel to Laos can obtain their Laos tourist visa by going to an embassy or consulate. However, Laos does not have embassies or consulates in all countries. In some cases, a person wishing to obtain a Laos visa might need to travel in order to reach a Laos embassy or consulate.
Citizens of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), as well as Japan, South Korea, Russia and Switzerland, enjoy visa-free access to Laos.
How to Get the Laos Evisa
Fill the form with the personal information
Review and confirm payment of visa fees
Receive your Laos Approval Letter in your email
In order to get the Laos visa online, applicants must be citizens of an eligible country and meet the following Laos eVisa requirements:
- A passport with a minimum validity of six months from the expected date of arrival.
- An email address where the approved visa will be sent.
- A debit or credit card to pay for the visa fee.
To apply for a Laos eVisa Approval Letter, the applicant is required to provide their personal details, passport information and answer a few security questions. Upon completion of the Laos visa form, the traveler should check that they have introduced the information correctly.
The applicant should provide a valid email address to receive notifications of their Laos electronic visa. Finally, in order to get the Laos visa online, the traveler must pay the fee of the visa with a debit or credit card. Once approved, the applicant will be notified of the status of the online visa for Laos.
Citizens of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) as well as Japan, South Korea, Russia and Switzerland enjoy visa-free access to Laos.
Advantages of Applying for a Laos Visa Online
There are many advantages of obtaining the Laos visa online. Among them, travelers will save time as they will be able to complete their Laos eVisa application in a few minutes. Further advantages include:
- Online application available 24/7 all year round.
- Privacy Protection of all applicants’ data.
- Secure online form and payment methods.
- Revision of the application by visa experts before submission.
- Verification and validation by expert professionals of the supporting information.
- Correction of incorrect or missing information by our visa experts.
- Editing of documents and photographs.
- 24/7, year-round email support and assistance. Our visa experts speak multiple languages including English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, Japanese, and Korean, among others.
- Multiple accepted payment methods including Visa, Mastercard, Amex, JCB, Maestro, Discover, Diners Club, Alipay, and Unionpay.
- Approved Insurance Policy. If the Laos eVisa application is denied we guarantee a full refund.
When applying for a Laos online visa Approval Letter the traveler will need to provide their personal details such as full name, address, contact information, and gender.
- Additional documents may be required depending on nationality. Any required additional information may be provided at a later time after the application is submitted. The applicant can provide these documents by accessing the link in their confirmation email, which will take them directly to their application so they can provide the required documents by the Laos government.
The Laos online visa is a single entry visa that grants its holder a 30-day stay in the country.
When you apply for the Laos eVisa make sure that the information you provide matches the information on your passport. If you provide wrongful information on your Laos eVisa application, it could be rejected and you would have to apply for a new eVisa.
The Laos electronic visa is valid for a period of 60 days after its approval. The Laos eVisa must be valid upon arrival to Laos. The visa holder can stay in Laos for up to 30 days. If the traveler leaves and wishes to return he or she is required to apply for a new Laos online visa.
Getting a Laos Online visa will take applicants a few minutes. The online application for the Laos eVisa will be a straightforward form in which an applicant will simply need to provide their personal details and passport info.
The majority of online visa applications should be processed within three business days after the applicant has submitted their form.